At Allevia Home Care, a senior care agency, we understand our clients want to be as independent as possible. We all enjoy being able to get dressed, walk, and overall take care of ourselves independently. Unfortunately, when we become ill or elderly, some simple tasks can become difficult or even impossible to manage on our own.
Most of the time, people have to give up simple routine activities because they can’t take care of them themselves. However, with Allevia’s assisted living personal in-home care services, this problem can easily be solved.
Defining In-Home Senior Care Services in Aurora
Senior care, also known as elderly care, refers to a range of support services for older adults aged 65 and over. As seniors age, many require assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing, transportation, cooking, cleaning, and more. Senior care helps them retain their independence and continue living comfortably in their own homes.
Professional elder care aides in Aurora assist seniors with daily tasks while also providing companionship and safety supervision. They promote overall wellbeing by enabling seniors to age gracefully in familiar, comfortable surroundings. Senior care can be a short-term or long-term arrangement, depending on the client’s changing needs.
What Do Senior In-Home Care Aides Provide?
At Allevia Home Care, our trained senior care aides can provide a wide range of services, including:
- Personal Care: Assistance with bathing, grooming, oral care, dressing, toileting.
- Mobility Support: Helping the senior move around safely – transferring from bed to wheelchair, using walkers.
- Medication Reminders: Ensuring medications are taken properly and on time.
- Errands & Transportation: Driving seniors to doctor appointments, grocery store trips, social engagements.
- Light Housekeeping: Laundry, changing bed linens, tidying & dusting, kitchen/bathroom cleaning.
- Meal Preparation: Planning nutritious meals and cooking according to dietary needs/preferences.
- Companionship Care: Encouraging mental stimulation via friendly conversation, board games, reading aloud. Maintaining social connections.
- Respite Care: Providing family caregivers temporary relief – bridging care gaps.
- Safety & Supervision: Helping prevent falls/accidents. Ensuring comfort and security.
- Memory Care: Refers to specialized care provided to individuals dealing with memory-related issues, typically associated with conditions like Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
Additionally, our elderly care plans can include specialized assistance like dementia care, post-surgery/rehab support, and more. We customize each plan after thoroughly assessing the senior’s unique requirements.
When to Consider Senior Home Care Services in Aurora
Common signs it may be time to seek senior care assistance include:
- Difficulty performing personal care tasks independently;
- Declining mobility and unsafe transfers/movement;
- Inability to drive oneself or arrange transportation;
- Poor medication management/adherence;
- Struggling with housework/laundry;
- Risk factors like memory loss, unsteadiness, history of falls;
- Losing weight or lacking proper nutrition;
- Displaying emotional changes like withdrawal or isolation;
- Needing respite for overwhelmed family caregivers.
Benefits of Senior Care in Aurora, CO
Allevia Home Care individualized seniors home care in Aurora offers many advantages for aging adults and their loved ones:
For Seniors in Aurora:
- Remain living comfortably at home rather than an institution;
- Feel secure thanks to regular caregiver check-ins;
- Enjoy one-on-one attention and companionship;
- Preserve independence longer despite health declines;
- Receive personalized care program based on lifestyle preferences;
- Avoid isolation and sustain community connections.
For Family Members:
- Peace of mind, knowing a loved one is safe and supervised;
- Relief from constantly worrying about parent/relative alone;
- Reduced guilt over being unable to personally handle care;
- Decreased burden if also raising children or working;
- Trust in vetted, skilled senior care professionals;
- Reassurance from regular caregiver progress updates;
- More quality time enjoying their elder loved one.
Contact Us for a Consultation on Senior Care Programs in Aurora, CO
We encourage you to call Allevia Home Care at (720) 500-4444 for a consultation to find out more about our elderly care services assisting Aurora-area seniors. Our compassionate team looks forward to serving your loved one.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can communities contribute to the well-being of elderly residents without caregivers?
Communities play a vital role in supporting elderly residents who lack caregivers. Ways in which communities can contribute to their well-being include:
- Volunteer Programs: Establishing volunteer programs can provide companionship, assistance with errands, and help with daily tasks for elderly individuals.
- Educational Initiatives: Communities can organize workshops and educational programs to raise awareness about the needs of the elderly, fostering a more supportive environment.
- Neighborhood Watch Programs: Creating neighborhood watch programs encourages residents to look out for each other, ensuring the safety of elderly individuals without caregivers.
What sets your senior care services apart from competitors?
Our dedication to customized care planning, skilled caregivers, and transparent communication at every step sets us apart. We focus exclusively in seniors.
What hours can I expect an Allevia Home Care caregiver to be with my parent/loved one?
We customize service hours/days based on each senior’s needs. Care can be 2 hrs/day up to 24/7 around-the-clock supervision. Most start with help a few times a week.
What Happens If an Elderly Person Has No One to Care for Them?
When elderly individuals find themselves without a caregiver, various support services can step in to provide assistance and ensure their well-being. These services may include:
- Government Assistance Programs: Many governments have social welfare programs designed to support elderly citizens. These programs may offer financial aid, housing assistance, and access to healthcare services.
- Non-Profit Organizations: Numerous non-profit organizations focus on the welfare of the elderly. These organizations often provide services such as meal delivery, transportation, and companionship programs.
- Community Resources: Local communities may offer resources such as senior centers, where the elderly can engage in social activities, receive health check-ups, and access educational programs.
What are the signs that an elderly person is in need of assistance?
Identifying signs that an elderly person requires assistance is crucial for ensuring their safety and well-being. Common indicators include:
- Changes in Physical Health: Keep an eye out for noticeable declines in mobility, changes in weight, or struggles with personal hygiene.
- Social Withdrawal: If an elderly person becomes increasingly isolated, it may signal a need for companionship or assistance with daily activities.
- Neglected Living Environment: A disheveled or unkempt living space may suggest difficulties in managing household tasks, indicating a need for support.
How quickly can Allevia Home Care start care after my initial inquiry?
In most cases we can begin senior care services within 1 week of first contacting our agency. We strive to respond promptly to urgent senior assistance requests.